Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I've finally decided to do it...

Build my new Covergirlbeads Online Store! After having my Zencart store crash a couple of years go, I had decided to only maintain my Artfire store and Esty store for a while. I ran across Julie and Blu of Blue Morning Expressions on Artfire and noticed she also has a Zencart store.  Her online store is Blue Morning Expressions if you want to check them out. She makes some beautiful polymer clay canes and jewelry. After seeing all the polymer clay canes, it makes me want to venture out into yet another project in the distant future.  Upon talking with her about Zencart and online stores, I realized how much I really missed my own store. So I did it....I started a new Covergirlbeads Online Store.


I have decided to share my experience with you.  My name is Charlotte Hayes and I melt glass rods in fire to create handmade lampwork beads.  Glass rods come in about every color you can think of.  I have icy clear, white, ivory, amber, brown, yellow, green, orange, red, purple, black and gray.  Probably more but that's what I can think of right now.  Then think of every shade on those colors that are transparent, translucent and opaque.  Now that's a lot of glass.  And these are just the basics I will start off with. My new online store is not stocked full of items yet, it takes time you know. 

My first goal is to make beads in every color I have.  I will make solid beads I call spacers.  They are the same as any other bead except for being one color.  Then I want to offer them in glossy or etched so you can see the difference.  I decided to use pictures of beads I have made in the past and added some of the items I currently have in my Artfire store.  Just a little something to get me started while I set up the feel of the store. 

Here is a picture of some beads I made showing the group of amethyst purple glass.  The first picture shows a picture of how these awesome beads look shiny or glossy.  The second picture of handmade glass beads have been etched for a satiny frosted sea glass bead finish:





I will share more about these colors soon.  Stay tuned and enjoy the wonderful journey of beads and the drama of color!

No comments:

Post a Comment