Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Wonderful World of Amethyst Glass Lampwork Beads

In my last blog, I wrote about opening my new online store and taking you on a journey with me as I make and stock my store.  I shared a picture showing all of the Moretti Effetri glass colors of amethyst.  There are four shades of transparent amethyst glass - pale amethyst, light amethyst, medium amethyst and dark amethyst.  This group is am showing you today is wrapped in .999 fine silver.  I want to show you how these beautiful beads look glossy and etched.

The first shade is pale amethyst purple 046.  This is the palest amethyst color.  They are a very pale, pale shade of purple.  They are so delicate and dainty looking.  I think of romantic beads ready ready to embrace a lacy blouse when I see these.  They are so awesome frosted also.  You can find the glossy lampwork beads wrapped in fine silver here and the dainty frosted sea glass looking beads with fine silver here.


The second group is known as light amethyst purple 040.  This group starts thinking more of color without being overbearing.  They are feminine and look fabulous with so many projects.  Your can find the glossy glass bead wrapped in fine silver here or the frosted beads wrapped in silver here.



The third goup of amethyst glass is known as medium amethyst purple 042.  This shade is has a bursting with purple.  They are rich a dramatic color and says, hey I am here.  The glossy lampwork beads are here while the etched satiny matte beads are here.


 
 


Then we come to the fourth color in the group.  It is called dark amethyst purple 044.  These beads are very very dark purple.  These remind me of dark juicy plums.  You can see the etched beads almost look black.  You can find the shiny beads wrapped in fine silver here and the frosted matte beads with fine silver here.


 





One more interesting fact.  Black is a transparent color of purple that is so dense it looks black. I always found that very interesting because I think of black being just black.  I have a focal bead I made that is a good example showing the transparency of black.  I will show you at a later date.

This whole group of amethyst glass beads look wonderful mixed and matched with glossy or etched to show all the colors of purple. You can buy as many as you like in my Covergirlbeads Online Webstore.  I can be reached at covergirlbeads@yahoo.com if you need to get in touch with me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you decided to activate your blog. This is fascinating. I am a follower now ;)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete